Hello, I’m Lydia, one of the founders of Conscious Mamma. It’s lovely to see you here, thank you for dropping by.
Are you pregnant and feeling scared? Frustrated? Angry? Exhausted? On the edge? Elated? Blissed out? Sexy? Disgusting? All of the above within the space of an hour?
I hear you! I’ve been there. It’s ok. You’re normal.
When I was pregnant, I longed for a guiding handrail through this often crazy and always momentous initiation. ‘Giving birth in a jungle having an orgasm’ was one style of support I found and the other seemed to be the purely medically-managed route, ushered onto me by corporate sponsored websites. While both are acceptable and serve large portions of people in their own way, neither was quite what I was after.
I was comfortable bringing my body, soul and cycle through suites of appointments, scans and tests but I wanted to expand my thinking, get challenged and inspired in new ways that were aligned with my values, and I wanted to read about it too… at night, on my iPhone, in bed, when we Mums-to-be do our best research!
As a mindful Irish woman in the 21st century, healthy, educated and not at all afraid of giving birth (what to do after the baby‘s born was another matter!!), I needed something in between: I needed a bridge between the miracles and the medical, between the sacred and the surgery, a haven to retreat to for support and inspiration… and it was here, in this place of fertile inquiry, that Conscious Mamma was conceived.
We are a boutique company that cares deeply about supporting women through their inner journey of becoming mothers for the first time or becoming mothers again. We are here to offer you a subtle sanctuary to retreat to, whether you’re having a homebirth or an elective Caesarian birth. We do this through mindfulness classes, doula services and post part support and for those to whom we cannot travel or who can’t make it to us, most of our services are also available remotely online.
Why Conscious Mamma?
- We assist women in developing their own mothering ability, conscious that women’s lives, needs, beliefs and values are different.
- We offer holistic guidance on the inner and outer journey of pregnancy, birth, motherhood and parenting, not specific advice on which journey to take. We curate many philosophies and try to judge none.
- We don’t advertise any particular products albeit we will pass on some tried and trusted tips and recommendations.
- We believe love and light always wins…in the end. And we are not afraid of the dark, in fact, we invite darkness to have a seat at the table and believe its voice is essential to the conversation.
- We want to make the world a safer more beautiful place for our children and to do that, we need to start with the mothering of ourselves. It’s scary as hell but we’re up for it! Are you? If so, come and join us!